By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a complete evaluate of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic elements that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, classification, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, thesaurus of keyword phrases, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case reports of a few movies, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read Online or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
"He's a Hyphenate". that is Hollywood lingo for somebody who has performed a couple of task on a movie. Director-Writer-Cameraman-Producer-Naturalist, and Oscar nominee, Jack Couffer falls into that infrequent area of interest of multi-taskers who has performed all of it. He has made video clips of many genres worldwide, yet his strong point has been movies with animals sharing the reveal with human characters.
The paintings of Sam Peckinpah represents a excessive aspect in American cinema. this article is the 1st theoretical and important try and position Peckinpah in the 2,000-year-old culture of western tragedy. The culture, enfolding the Greeks, Shakespeare and sleek tragedians, is represented in Peckinpah’s paintings in different methods, and the truth that he labored within the mode all through his profession distinguishes him from so much American movie administrators.
From David Lean's gigantic display nice expectancies to Alejandro Amenábar's reinvention of The flip of the Screw because the Others, diversifications of literary classics are a relentless function of pop culture this day. The Bloomsbury creation to variation experiences is helping scholars grasp the historical past, concept and perform of analysing literary variations.
Version stories has traditionally been missed in either the English and movie stories curricula. Reflecting in this, display version celebrates its emergence within the past due twentieth and twenty first centuries and explores the sorts of methodologies and debates in the box. Drawing on methods from style stories to transtexuality to cultural materialism, the ebook examines variations of either well known and canonical writers, together with William Shakespeare, Jane Austen and J.
- Twin Cities Picture Show: A Century of Moviegoing
- It Came from 1957: A Critical Guide to the Year’s Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films
- Hollywood’s Golden Age: As Told By One Who Lived It All
- Placing Shadows: Lighting Techniques for Video Production
- Love in Motion: Erotic Relationships in Film
- Independent Filmmaking and Digital Convergence: Transmedia and Beyond
Extra info for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin